Monday 12 June 2017

REVIEW - SEAL'd Heart by Alice Ward

The Book
Release Date: 10 June 2017
Goodreads Link

Fate is twisted, and karma's a bitch. Maybe destiny will give us a second chance.

I've been best friends with Skye since we were ten years old. She was my life. We did nearly everything together.

Until graduation night. The night I f'cked it all up.

Escaping to the Navy, I found a new home with the SEALs. Then tragedy struck, and I lost it all, again.

Now I find myself face-to-face with the woman I've tried so hard to forget. But it seems I've made it impossible for her to stop thinking about me. I left a brown-haired, brown-eyed reminder.

Her secret. My son.

A powerful reminder of how love can overcome all. A reminder that I have someone who needs me. Almost as much as I need him. And Skye.

I won't give up. This time I'll give it all I've got. I'll protect my new family as fiercely as I protected my country.

I just didn't realize I needed to protect them from me.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This was a friends to lovers book reunited tale with a secret, that opens the relationship back up again six years later.

Skye was always in love with Jake, but their other friend Trey was also in love with Skye.  When tragedy strikes after one night together Jake runs and joins the military.

Skye is a strong character and moves to the city for her college course and gets a job in order to support her and her child Jagger.

There is a fair anoint of angst, a man suffering from PTSD and one particular moment where your heart is in your mouth.

I an glad that Skye and Jake are able to put their past behind them and find their happy ever after and that Jake gets the family that he doesn't believe at first that he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment