Friday 15 September 2017

REVIEW - The Gamble by Alice Ward

The Book
Release Date: 18 September 2017
Goodreads Link

I need a wife. She needs money. It's a gamble, but one month will solve both our problems.

Unimpressed with my billionaire playboy ways, my father has given me an ultimatum — settle down and get married before the investors’ meeting of Gaston Pharmaceuticals, or I’m out the door. Yeah... he’s a dick but he holds my future in his hands, so I need to play nice, for a while.

One problem is that the meeting is only a month from now. The second problem is that I’ve never dated a girl I liked well enough to spend an entire night with, let alone a month. So my best friend and I process my dilemma the best way we know how — by getting mind-blowingly drunk.

And just like that, I wake up in Vegas with an epic hangover... and a wife.

A beautiful wife. A fun wife. A caring and creative wife.

Now, all I have to do is convince her to stay married to me. I make her a promise. In four short weeks, we’ll quietly annul this farce and go our separate ways. I’ll get my life back. She’ll get hers plus some cash.

There’s just one little complication. I think I'm falling for her. As luck would have it, she hates my guts.

This is a Full-Length STANDALONE billionaire romance novel with an HEA and NO CLIFFHANGER.

My Review  4 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

I really liked this book.  Its a what happens in Vegas book, but of course it never really stays there, especially as both characters live near the edges of Vegas.

Talen is a bit of a party boys at the weekend but works hard during the week, but seems to have daddy issues, especially as his dad seems to be a nasty character.

Dani right from the beginning is a caring soul and wants to help her mother as much as she can, and ends up using her nurturing nature to help Talen in more ways than one.  But this woman is no rollover.

Its a good book, has a strong start and finishes in a good place, however i would have loved a reconnection and possibly a baby on the way, but it was a good ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment