Monday 12 March 2018

REVIEW - Blackmailed by the Beast by Georgia Le Carre

The Book
Release Date: 25 January 2018
Goodreads Link

Chelsea
When I was a child my favorite fairytale was Beauty And The Beast. I dreamed of sacrificing myself for my father, and bravely going to an enchanted castle to live with the Beast. There I gently kissed the beast and transformed him into a handsome Prince.

Now, I'm an adult, and it appears I have somehow wandered into the enchanted mansion of a beast. He is cold and harsh and cannot be transformed with a gentle kiss, but strangely, I don't want to transform him. 
Every single atom in my body, from the tips of my hair to the soles of my feet vibrates, throbs, and calls for my beast to take me ... again and again.

Thorne
Soon the whole world will know my name ... but first I have a distraction to deal with. The matter of a manipulative lying little thief.

When I catch up with her, those bright, scheming eyes try their best to work their magic on me. Somebody should have told Chelsea Appleby no one steals from Thorne Blackmore.

She tells me she will pay me back. She is sorry. She wants more time. The problem is I don't actually need the money back. What I need is to punish her. To possess and own every beautiful inch of her body.

I want to leave my mark on her delicate English skin. Forever. 
-
This is a full length standalone with no cheating and guaranteed HEA. Includes bonus content.

My Review  3 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Although i liked this book its very much a packs all punches book, but i think the author threw too much in there.  We has AI technology, blackmail, abuse survivor, schizophrenic storylines with mummy issues and i'm not sure where the beauty and the beast line comes from.

With Chelsea there are so many issues i'm surprised that the woman is a functioning as she is, i mean so much has happened to her that i/m surprised that she has not fallen apart at the seams.

Thorne is supposed to be the beast, coldhearted and cruel, however he is more softhearted than it would appear.  A techno genius creating AI intelligence by himself, her very quickly turns soft rather than cold, with more suppressive parents involved.

We have part stories from a scorned formed lover who makes a brief appearance before vanishing and other bits pushed in.

This book was just far too messed up for me to give it any more than three stars, but it did taken me along for the messy ride as more and more was poured in.

Not sure i would read this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment