Thursday 8 March 2018

REVIEW - Consequence (The Confidence Game #2) by Rachel Higginson

The Book
Release Date: 27 February 2018
Goodreads Link

Consequence, the conclusion to Sayer and Caroline’s epic love story 

Five years ago, I escaped a dangerous life I had always wanted to leave. I got away. I found freedom. But it cost me the love of my life. 

For five years I lived in hiding, protecting my most valuable secret while Sayer Wesley sat in prison paying for both our sins. I promised to love him forever. I promised to never leave him.  

I broke my promises.

Five months ago Sayer found me. 

Five weeks ago, I was forced to face my past. 

Five days ago, someone took my daughter. They kidnapped her in order to make Sayer and me suffer. I will do anything to get her back. Even if that means coming clean to Sayer, letting him into my life and introducing him to our daughter. 

All I wanted was to protect her from this life and now she’s right in the middle of the chaos. Sayer is the only one that can help me. He’s the only one that can get her back. 

But it might mean losing him again. 

Fifteen years ago, I fell in love with Sayer Wesley. Now I must pay the consequences for falling in love with a con man.

My Review  5 STARS
**My thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This is the concluding part to this duet of books and you must read Constant first in order to know what is happening and some of the background as to how things now are between Caroline (Caro) and Sayer.

There is a wonderful suspense with this book and the mafia play a much bigger role, the setting has also changed from Colorado to DC.  We see a grittier side of things and how much Caroline will go though to save her daughter, we also see the deeper connection Sayer and Caroline have and that it is not an everyday kinda love, but a forever love that can and will withstand everything that is thrown at them.

This book is also told from dual points of view, Caroline and Sayer and we still get the flashbacks in order to understand where things are coming from.

I really loved this book and hope i get the chance to read more from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment